Wednesday, April 18, 2007

04/17/07 - Book Reviews: Anyone Interested?


This idea has been simmering with me for a while. I must confess the premise came after seeing some of the cool things that our local Adobe Users Group (www.d-mag.org) was doing. See their site for an example of what these book reviews might be like. My first thought is to get our members to review and rate some of the prominent "how-to" or educational books written about comics/cartooning/illustration.

I've been itching to comment on Wizard's How to Draw series - by the way, there will be another new one coming out in May. We could also review extraordinary comics, graphic novels and animated features/DVDs. I'm not sure about these reviews as I don't want to veer off into fandom - there are plenty of blogs and websites for that kind of coverage now! However, perhaps having a list of recommended readings posted here on our site would help grow the audience for these media?

Leave a comment or send me an email if you are interested in participating or have suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment