Thursday, October 04, 2007

10/04/07 - How does something I draw get into a magazine?

Mike Lynch (caricature pictured left), in addition to being a blogger, is a magazine cartoonist. His clients include Reader's Digest, Playboy, Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, TheLadders.com, the New York Daily News and many others. He's also the National Cartoonists Society National Representative.

In a recent article on his blog, Mike shares the answer to the question "How does something I draw at home, on a board, get into a magazine like Harvard Business Review?" The article is a bit cartoon focused, but many of the points raised would be equally applicable to making a comic pitch. Good reading on either side of the creator fence.

Check out the full article here.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck!

    Buddy, friend of mine, your post has helped remove a shroud of ignorance from my eyes. I'm gonna start producing art for these same outlets now that the process has been de-mystified!! Pizza's on me when I sell my first toon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it. I'll have it framed to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete