Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11/14/07 - Recommended Graphic Novel Made Into Animated Movie

Persepolis, a Graphic Novel, by Marjane Satrapi is on the posted list of CCG recommended reading. Sony Pictures released an animated movie adaptation of this book in Europe earlier this year. Satrapi, who has lived in France for a number of years, was heavily involved in the production of this film so it should remain true to it's source. It has won some awards and is scheduled for release here in the US around Christmas.

I am a big fan of the printed version of this work - I feel it really highlights the power of comics to break down cultural and political borders. I learned a lot from reading this - namely that people, even in countries that have governments unfriendly to the US government, have a lot more in common with me and my life than popular belief would suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment